Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pink Sheets

It may seem strange to you that I am writing about our bed, but this is what I thought of while cleaning the house (yes, despite the last entry, I DO clean the house...) and specifically putting the (pink) sheets on the bed yesterday.

Let me preface this with a little story:
When Andrew and I first got married we both had a really difficult time sleeping. We concluded it was because our bed was too small and that we needed to get a king-size bed. We both worried about kicking each other or pushing the other off the bed. Andrew so desperately wanted to build the bed frame however. I was skeptical to say the least, but who am I to thwart ones creative genius?? Well, Andrew built a king-sized platform bed frame, we bought a king-size bed, and wouldn't you know....king-size sheets aren't cheap! We bought a set at Ross to start with.

Now: a couple of months ago while in Ross again (we spend a lot of time there it seems..) I found some sheets that appeared Red. They were really nice, good quality, high thread count, you know...all the things that matter when buying sheets! Andrew told me he thought they looked kind of pink, but I insisted they were maroon or red or something other than hot pink. He let me get them. Well....after getting them home, washing and drying them and putting them on the bed I saw that, alas, they were (and still are!) hot pink.

Yes, Hot Pink. So, although it is slightly embarrassing when we take our pillows somewhere for us (especially Andrew) to be traipsing around with a hot pink pillow, it's what we've got! And ya know what, when all is said and done, it doesn't really matter that much because...the bed is made!

(The cat is NOT just an accessory). Coincidentally, 3 1/2 weeks later for Christmas we got a brand new set of nice, neutral, brown sheets. Hey, you can never have too many sheets right?

Anyone trying to say the sheets are NOT pink is like saying that my parents house is not pink. If you have ever seen my parents house, you KNOW that it is...PINK. Yes, they live in the desert of Arizona and so many people say, "Oh, I'm sure its a taupe, or a brown, or a sandstone color. Maybe even mauve. Typical colors for adobe type houses." No, my parent's house is pink. With purple trim even! And we love it.

1 comment: